Week 13 Famous Last Words: Awaiting a Break


This week, just like every other week, has been full of class (including a few tests), work, and activities. I know everyone is just as busy as I am, so I certainly don't use my business as an excuse to not get work done. I have lots of assignments I need to catch up on, but I need a new way of motivating myself.

Many other students struggle with this; I am beginning to get burned out on this semester. It has been full of hard work and lack of sleep, so I am deeply in-need of rest and time to be with my family. The more I think about my family and how much I miss them, the more I distract myself from the things I need to get done this week. I do feel like I will come back after Thanksgiving renewed and ready to tackle my finals, but I need to take a break first.

In this class, I am going to focus on three stories in my project. Adding another story could be a good asset, but I feel like I can keep revising the three that I have. This will make my project more concise, and the stories will be more detailed and precise. I have appreciated all the attention I have gotten from my professor. She has commented each week on my stories and pointed out even the smallest things in order to make the stories the best it can be.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I am so thankful I took this class because of my new technology skills. Learning how to use a blog and implement images, links, and labels has been invaluable. I would have never learned how to do these things otherwise.



This is my family on my brother's senior night

Comments

  1. I was right there with you before Thanksgiving break! I know one thing for sure is that I'm still struggling to find motivation to complete all of my school work. We're so close to the end of the semester which is scary, but at the same time exciting to finish! Revising and perfecting the stories that you already have sounds like a great idea. Professor Gibbs definitely helps out a lot!
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh. I know exactly how you feel. As the semester is coming to a close I feel completely burnt out and ready to be back home with family and friends (even though after a few days home I feel ready to be back in Norman). I hope you can get your head back into schoolwork for the last couple weeks of the semester and finish strong! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Week 13 Story: Jataka Interpretation